Week One - We went home from the hospital Sunday night (24 hours after Peanut was born) and I have to say that we did not freak out like I thought we would. We both decided to sleep in the nursery (me on the daybed, P on the trundle...sleepover style) and the Peanut in her crib. Thus starts the blur of fuss, feed, ouch my boobs, sleep, diaper change, repeat again and again and again. We had her first ped appointment and she was a stellar patient. Friday we had her newborn photos taken, which was a whole day of trying to get Peanut to sleep and naked baby pictures that ended in me and P covered in pee and poo. Surprisingly I have not gotten too exhausted (thanks to the most amazing husband in the world and a momma who is on top of EVERYTHING). And even if I was, it is all worth it because I LOVE MY BABY!!
First time at home meeting the Stella-
And even though I said we would never do it...sometimes when you're tired and your baby doesn't want to be in the crib, you just snuggle her and forget about what you're "supposed" to do-
And the first bath which she LOVED-
Week Two - Physically I feel MUCH better. The first week I could hardly walk due to a VERY sore tailbone and the stitches. The boobs feel better too, so the infinite amount of feedings aren't so terrible any more. The Peanut has more awake time, and gives lots of smiles. Mostly when she sees the boobs. They're her friends. She's a HUGE grunter, so nap time sounds like a party. She loves being in the car, her stroller, or in the Moby. Her favorite place to nap is my (or P's) chest. But we try to get her in the crib for most naps I promise. We're starting to get into a semi routine. Basically, being a mom is pretty hard, but it's so worth it. Especially when you get to see this all day...

No comments:
Post a Comment