skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Meltdown Free
We’re chugging along through week 4 of working motherhood and I think we’re getting the hang of it. My sweet girl has decided to sleep through the night…well, mostly. She likes to wake up at 2:30 with a fuss so I’ll go in and check on her. Usually she just wants to smile and chat, but if I roll her back on her side she’s instantly unconscious. I can successfully navigate through the apartment with my eyes closed so the total wake time for the interruption is approximately 30 seconds. NBD. Good sleep = minimal meltdowns for Mommy. And a meltdown free Mommy = a happy (and relieved) Daddy.
P is closing in on his last week of school EVER. I’m beyond ecstatic. Whenever I announce this little tid bit of information (because I tell EVERYONE…I’m a proud wife and, let’s face it, I’m pretty stoked to be a double income family) they always say “well it’s not his last time in school EVER if he decides to go get his masters, PhD, etc.”. Ha. Haha. Hahahahahahahaha. (Do you detect a small hint of sarcasm with a dash of hysteria?) Now I am all for higher education. I sometimes wish I had a couple more degrees under my belt. And we are definitely forcing encouraging Peanut to attend my alma mater when the time comes. But right now? NO MORE SCHOOL! We have been married almost 4 years now, and P has been in school the entire time. I am ready for the payback on our investment. And you can only imagine how P feels about it. Take my excitement and multiply it by a gazillion. He is ready and willing to take on the manly bread-winner role. And I am thrilled to let him! Now if we could just figure out how I can get paid the big bucks to stay at home and snuggle my baby…
Speaking of my baby – she is such a big girl!! Her eye hand coordination is so good (and yes, probably better than mine…I’m definitely not an athlete)! She reaches up to grab me when I’m making faces at her on the changing table. She can shriek with delight now, and it’s pretty much the best sound heard ‘round the world. She knows when you’re going in for a kiss and does the typical baby wide-open-mouth kiss right back. She’s my little daily miracle and she makes me smile the big smiles that make my cheeks hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment