Aaaaahhhhhh. Do you hear that? That's the collective sigh of me and the hubbs having the rest of the week off to enjoy the wonderfulness that is this holiday. The tree is decked. The presents are purchased (but yet to make it wrapped under the tree). We have a stocked pantry full of yummy ingredients for the BIG DINNER. And hot chocolate. Maybe some Bailey's too. I love the anticipation of days full of PJs and baby snuggles and old movies and NOT feeling guilty about spending your whole day doing unproductive things. I'm really excited about our house getting some of that Santa magic you seem to lose when you're all grown up without kiddos around. Peanut is going to LOVE Christmas morning. Tons of packages with paper and bows?? Yes please!! Hopefully I'll remember to tear my face away from the camera long enough to soak it all in and enjoy it. I've been shamelessly blasting Christmas music since the day after Thanksgiving, and will continue to pipe it through the house. There's just something about a house full of family and conversations and music and the smell of wonderful food an Yankee candles that makes me grin. I just hope I can pass on the Christmas magic to Peanut. I want her to love it too! And not just for the presents, but for the family and quality time spent together. Let's face it, she's not going to care about the presents this year anyway. So, in conclusion, YAY for Christmas! I'm so glad I'm not in the grinch-like mood I was in last year. I'm enjoying NOT being a gazillion weeks pregnant :-) Here's some pics from the iphone lately -
This was around Thanksgiving when she was sleeping in our room:
Cheesin for the camera:
This is the one we used for our Christmas cards:
Playing with an ornament she ripped off the tree - which is why all of our ornaments are kid friendly this year:
The one and only picture I have from Thanksgiving day...and she's not even smiling:

I totally love your hair. And I miss the Peanut. I wish I could see her open presents! Please take some video. Even if it's just thirty seconds or so.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I commented on your comment on my blog and you're gonna want to read it because, I know I probably say this a lot, but it's pretty much the greatest thing I've ever written. Probably the greatest thing ever written by anyone ever.
Merry Merry! (wink)