Thursday, August 25, 2011

Motherhood = All Sorts of Glamorous

Here's a peek into my life as a mom to a toddler...  I just put the Peanut down to sleep (I love those last sweet snuggles before she's tucked into bed), but we had all kinds of drama before bath tonight.  We are starting the introduction to potty training (which I've mentioned before remember...singing princess potty?).  Anywho, before bath I stripped down the Peanut and tried to get her to sit on the potty for more than one second because I KNOW she needed to pee.  This is usually a struggle as she likes to run around the bathroom like a track star when she is diaper free.  As she was sprinting to the end of the bathroom I caught a peek of something coming out of her little tush.  Yes, it was poo.  So I'm thinking, yes!  I can sit her on the potty and she can go there!!  No, that was the absolute last thing she wanted to do, so she ran.  I grabbed some TP as fast as I could, cornered her and swiped the bum, and put her back on the potty.  This time, she peed!  In the potty!!  It did it's little song and there was much rejoicing.  But I tried to keep her there (the poo part was not over, I was sure of it), and she ran.  To the end of the bathroom.  Then peed on the floor.  Before I could grab something to clean that up, I smelled some more poo.  Ug.  Then she was sprinting back toward the bathtub...where hangs the beautiful Anthropologie shower curtain that absolutely CAN NOT get poo on it or I will die.  I grab some more TP and try to corner her again but she has decided to drive by the potty, sit, get poo everywhere, then run back to the door.  Where she then slipped in the puddle o pee and hit her head.  And started the hurt cry.  The cry that no mother can ignore because it is instinct to fix whatever it is that made your baby hurt.  So I have to try to pick her up and console her without getting pee/poo all over me.  I was not successful (there might have been poo under my nail).  I'm at a loss as to where to put her.  So I put her in the sink.  Where I find out she too has poo on her hand.   So I turn on the water and try to wash her hand/my hand, then she slips and and ends up sitting in the sink getting poo all over that too.  Thankfully by this time P has gotten out of the shower and is within screaming distance, so I call for help.  He walks in to a six month pregnant me with poo on my hand hanging on to a naked toddler sitting in the sink with poo on her hand, a puddle of pee on the floor, and a princess potty that has obviously been abused.  Our life is so glamourous.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! So glamorous! I am leading a glamorous life too- this same day AJ woke up from his nap and I came in to get him. I discover his wet diaper has been taken off and tossed on the ground and he is standing next to a HUGE poo log in the crib. BEST part? I have the pic to prove it and will text it to you in the morning. Your welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and about 10 minutes later he takes his diaper off again in the kitchen, pees on the floor and starts playing in the puddle. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love it. Sounds like we're all going through the same thing! Maddie did her business on the potty a few times. But all of our rejoicing scared her to death and now she won't go near it. And she won't keep her diaper on. So where does all that poo and pee go? On the floor. In the kitchen. In the living room. In the bathroom. But not in the potty : ( Luckily we haven't had a crib or shower curatin incident. Yet!

    ReplyDelete