Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Little Peanut,

You are 23 MONTHS OLD!  I'm running late on this update, but I have a good excuse...your little brother is here!  We are now officially a family of five (yes I count Stella as a member).  You seem to really love him and that makes me so happy.  You are having some trouble sleeping, but you are slowly getting back into your routine.  I think we'll all be adjusted soon.  It has been so much fun getting you ready for Christmas and all that goes with the holidays.  You are so sharp and pick up on everything we say.  You know about Santa and reindeer and gingerbread men.  When we ask you who's birthday we talk about at Christmas you say "JESUS!".  I die.  I love you so much, and you are a fantastic big sister already.

Some facts about YOU:
-Still in size 18-24 month bottoms, 2T tops, and size 6 shoes.  You weigh 24 pounds, and are truly a little peanut.
- Your vocabulary is off the charts.  You say new phrases every day, and usually I have no idea where you got it.  Even the doctor was very impressed at your diction.  I'm such a proud mama.
- You are getting closer to wanting to potty train.  You announce that you have to "go" about 50% of the time, but rarely do any business in the potty when we sit you down.
- I have been home with you for the past three weeks and it has been wonderful.  You are so cute in the mornings and I'm so grateful I'll get to see you wake up for a couple more months.
- Your favorite food right now is chicken nuggets.  This is mostly due to our world being turned upside down with the new baby, and mama just hasn't been cooking at all.
- You can play with your baby dolls for long periods of time, by yourself.  I love peeking in at you and hearing you talk to them and narrate all of the things you are doing.  You especially love to use your doctor kit on them and listen to their heartbeats and give them shots.
- You finally tells us you love us back when we say it.  I'm pretty sure the greatest thing I've ever heard = "Mommy I wuf you!"
- You have a new obsession with the playground.  Your daddy has been taking you every day since the baby came home, and you are now a pro at every slide and make new friends every time you go.
- You recognize Nike checks, and think clothing is only cool if it has one.  This is your Daddy's fault.
- When I ask you how old you're going to be on your birthday you say "three!", and I say "no, two" and you say "no mommy! three!".  You are already trying to grow up too fast.

I'm sure I am missing so many more wonderful things you have done this month, but my brain is still getting used to minimal amounts of sleep.  I love you with my whole heart!

meeting our little stinker for the first time
 hanging with the cousins for thanksgiving
 daddy, peanut, and stinker
 you were still not sure of santa this year, but at least you weren't crying!
 mommy's little surfer girl

No comments:

Post a Comment