Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's a girl!

We had our big ultrasound on Thursday. Mom, P, and I headed down to the hospital while I was sucking down a REAL coke (and it was delicious) so the peanut would move around and give us a good shot. The took us right in and sat P down next to me (apparently the husbands are required to sit down...b/c they might faint) and she got started. She took all of the measurements (all normal) and then started to look for the goods. She poked around for a little bit, and then I heard the dreaded words...it has it's legs crossed. Ahhh! I drank sugar and caffeine for this very moment, and there she sat, as mellow as can be. I think the tech realized I was starting to freak out, so she shook my belly a bit and moved the thing around some more. Thankfully she is so good at what she does, b/c she froze the frame, put up the little pointer, and said "You're having a girl, dad!". Woohoo!! Of course I had to ask if she was sure, and she said she was 99.9% sure. I was ecstatic, mom had tears in her eyes, and P instantly took on the role as overprotective daddy to his little girl. We celebrated with a huge dinner at Cheesecake, then a shopping spree at Baby GAP. Shopping for a little girl is so much fun!! Here are the pics of our 17 week little girl:
A shot of her singing:
She decided to stretch toward the camera so we could see her beautiful face:
The money shot! I'm glad the tech can read it better than I can, because I can't really see anything:

No comments:

Post a Comment