Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dear Little Peanut,

You are ONE MONTH old today! I truly can't believe you have been in our lives for a whole month. Time has flown faster than I ever imagined. You have stolen our hearts and we fall more in love with you every day. God has blessed our family so richly that sometimes I think we've used up all of our lifetime's worth of blessings already! Daddy and I couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect daughter if we tried...you fit like a missing puzzle piece in our crazy world. Family snuggle time is pure bliss and each time you smile or giggle our hearts melt. We are so proud of you already and I know you will continue to amaze us each day.

Facts About YOU:
- You smile when we make silly faces and can giggle a little. No real laugh yet, but I'm hoping when it comes I'll be the one to cause it!
- You are in size 1 diapers, although they're really really big on you. The newborn size is too small for those wonderful chubby thighs.
- You have grown out of most clothes in newborn size. You can still wear the pants, but are too long for onesies. Right now 0-3 is a good fit, although a tad loose.
- You have slept through the night once, but can consistently make a 5 hour stretch in the middle of the night.
- You follow things with your eyes now and love to watch TV on Daddy's lap. You also love to stare at your bumpers in your crib.
- You are an accomplished grunter. No need for a monitor...we can hear you across the apartment!
- You almost have the hang of thumb sucking, although most of the time you get half a hand in there.
- Guaranteed ways to get you to fall asleep: While eating (which frustrates Mommy to no end), in the car ONLY while moving...a stopped car makes you MAD, in the stroller, and in the Moby. You like to move!
- Your hair is still brown, but is getting lighter. Your eyes have gotten bluer too.

"I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born." Psalm 22:10

1 comment:

  1. Aww a smile! So sweet!! :)

    Tristan gets upset when the car stops too :)

    ReplyDelete