Tuesday, April 6, 2010

There are Only 24 Hours in a Day

This is a realization I have had a hard time coming to. Remember my schedule last week? The one where I accomplish EVERYTHING on my to-do list after a full day of work? That would totally work out if I had about 5 more hours in my day. However I do not. So I made sacrifices. First off the list? Working out. Now I know that sounds like a really important one, but not as important as feeding baby, playing with baby, eating dinner (which in the past I would have given up, but now my body has to have fuel to make baby food), and sleeping. (Ha! Who am I kidding? I don't sleep any more!) BUT, on the flip side, if I let these extra 11 pounds hang around too long I will spiral into a deep loathing for my body and that's not healthy for my daughter to see either. (Did you see that? 11 pounds. Would seem like a lot if not for the 49 I had to lose in the past 3 months - please refer to the picture taken right before we headed off to the hospital...I WAS HUGE)
My solution? The 30 Day Shred. And it is EXACTLY what I need. A workout that includes weights, cardio, and ab work packaged in a neat little 20 minutes. Even I can find 20 minutes in my day to get sweatin. Now is it like running 5 miles? No. But I actually need the toning due to the post pregnancy deflated balloon effect. And I can do it at home, so I don't have to rely on P to babysit. And I can do it at night. (I have strict rules about running at night alone. No woman should EVER do it.) So May 7th will be 30 days. We'll see if I can lose those last 11 pounds. And if I do? I might just work on 10 more. That would put me at my happy weight. Which just so happens to be wedding day weight. Hmmm, why is that always the benchmark?
So wish me luck! I might make it to bathing suit season without succumbing to the "mom" suit...you know the kind. Wide strapped one piece in a dark color with a skirt...aaaahhhh!!! My colorful bikinis are crying out in protest. Don't worry Peanut, we'll both be rockin cute suits if Jillian Michaels has anything to say about it!

1 comment: