Monday, May 3, 2010

Surf's Up


Well this weekend was one for the record books.  P graduated from college after four years of balancing school, work, high-maintenance wife (Hi!! ::waves::), and recently the Peanut.  He is a superhero in our household of women and we couldn’t have been prouder.  The whole fam joined in on the festivities and celebrated P’s matriculation (hehe, that’s such a great word) with a trip to the beach.  Since this was Peanut’s very first time seeing the ocean we took a gazillion pictures…naturally.  The blue you see in the background is our pop up beach tent.  Best money ever spent.  We were at the beach for four hours, and it was a hot hot day.  No sweat.  (pun totally intended)  We just popped that sucker up and Peanut and I enjoyed the view from the shaded shelter.  It is also convenient for breastfeeding if you don’t want to get arrested for indecent exposure in a public place.  Just zip the walls up and bam, insta privacy.  There was only one incident involving massive amounts of poo on everything (read: Peanut’s back, Peanut’s swimsuit, my shorts, my HANDS…ew) but she saved it for the very end when we were packing up.

I do not have any pictures of me in a bathing suit due to the fact that I still have 8 pounds to lose, I still have that stinking linea nigra down the middle of my stomach, and I don’t have a one piece.  I have tried to find one that fits, but I have a freakishly long torso so all of the cute strapless ones fall below the boob line.  Why not a tankini you ask?  Because a tankini is so close to a bikini I might as well wait it out until I’m back to normal (as much as you can be after being a human incubator) so I can wear my old suits.  Oh, and what’s the update on the 30 Day Shred you ask?  It really is awesome and does what it says.  Why have I only lost 2 pounds and not 10?  I haven’t been consistent.  And I can’t really do the cardio sections due to sensitive downstairs neighbors (a topic for a different post…they called the cops on us Friday night…for real).  But I’m going to keep truckin’ and hope to get these last few pounds off soon. 

The babe is doing awesome.  She likes to stand now on those wonderful chubby legs.  And if you put her on her back she tries to sit straight up.  It kinda looks like she’s doing crunches.  I think she wants to skip rolling over and crawling all together and just wants to be able to sit up and walk.  Big girl.  Her personality is getting more and more obvious.  She is so happy all the time and LOVES to laugh.  This weekend the make-baby-laugh award went to her little cousins.  They wrestled and she thought it was the most hilarious thing IN THE WORLD.  Nana is still watching her during the week while I tough it out at the job.  I’m learning to just make the time I have with her count.  But who can blame me for wanting to spend 24/7 with this face??    


No comments:

Post a Comment