We are buying a brand spanking new home. Yes, I'm excited. Thrilled actually. I can't wait to escape the world's worst neighbors. (I keep meaning to write a post on that whole drama, but I think I'm in denial right now and will not muster the strength to tell the tale until we have escaped apartment prison) HOWEVER, being that it's our first house ever...we did not custom design and build our dream villa and spend a gazillion dollars on all of the wonderful details that I swoon over daily by looking at wonderful design blogs. So this is our new living room slash kitchen area -
Pretty awesome right? Much better than our current situation. But what I had in mind was the kitchen from the movie Something's Gotta Give -
Or any kitchen that has the crisp white cabinets with sporadic glass fronts, subway tile, dark floors, the perfect shade of gray (grey?) paint, marble counter tops (which I will now have, yippee!!!), miles of counter space, an island big enough for...well...just really big, and pendant lights. Not to be too generic or anything. I actually have a ton of images saved of fabulous rooms that look nothing like my current interior. So how do I get what I want while working with what I've got? Just some paint? Paint and new cabinets (that we probably would never spend the money on)? I really need some advice. Or links. Or a whole bunch of money. Bueller? Bueller???








No comments:
Post a Comment