Monday, May 9, 2011

Dear Little Peanut,

You are 16 MONTHS OLD!  I think you have changed a lot this month, because you get the comment "she's growing up so fast!" all the time lately.  You are a constant source of entertainment in our house and we love hanging out with you.  I'm loving that you like to hang out with us too, since I know that won't last forever.  A lazy afternoon watching you climb all over the furniture is the best way to spend a weekend.

Some facts about YOU:
 - Size 4 diapers, 18-24 month clothes, and close to a size 5 shoe.  I think you had a growth spurt.
 - Your hair is getting longer and I can finally put pigtails in!!  You are not a huge fan, but I'm very persistent.
 - You are starting to try to repeat words.  You said "birds" the other day to Nana, but now you won't say it to us.  I think you think it's funny to watch us say "birds" over and over in your face.
 - You are really into snuggling lately.  If I get you out of your crib and take you into bed with us, you are content to lay there for quite a long time.
 - You can make the pig noise that only I can make.  It's fun to do it back and forth, then watch Nana try to do it.
 - You are in love with Sesame Street.  You also love Elmo.  I'm not going to fight it any more because he makes you so happy.  But I draw the line at a Tickle Me Elmo.
 - You are starting to like your longer books and let me finish each page before trying to turn it.
 - You can point to almost anything we say in almost any book you own.  So smart!
 - You can point to almost every body part.  Your favorite is nose.  You touch yours, then grab mine.
 - Your canine teeth are still trying to come in.  I have a feeling it's going to take a long time.
 - You got a princess potty to start introducing you to potty training.  I sit you on it every night before bath.  You like to sit on it because we make such a big deal about it, but you get bored before anything can happen.  I can't wait until you actually pee on it because it will sing a song and that will make you sooooo happy.
 - You love to go for walks with us and can make it all the way around the block before you get tired.  It takes a looong time because you get distracted very easily, but I love watching you run and "talk" about everything you see.
 - You are having a hard time with Sunday school.  It's right at your nap time and you've had several melt downs when you can't keep it together any more.  I guess we'll just wait until you push your nap up to try again because I hate when you're crying!!!
 - Your favorite food is still banana.

We love you punkin!



2 comments:

  1. I wish someone would buy me a toilet that sings when I pee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! she is going to love reading these some day :)

    ReplyDelete