So...I have a secret. Anyone want to guess? Yes! You got it on the first try. I'm PREGNANT!! Anyone want to ask all of those personal questions that you should NEVER ask a pregnant lady but yet seem to fly past everyone's lips without a second thought? Go ahead. I'll answer them.
Yes it was planned.
Yes we are excited.
No, we do not think Peanut will be neglected. But thanks for the confidence in our ability to love our children.
No it's not twins. Yes I'm sure. YES I'M SURE.
Can you tell the hormones have kicked in? The blessed event is scheduled for December 6th. But we all know that's not set in stone. I'm currently 13 weeks (14 on Tuesday) and the baby seems to be healthy and thriving. We had our first trimester screening and while I haven't gotten the results yet, we know it has a head, a body, two legs, two arms, and we even counted five fingers on one hand. Let's just hope the other one has five too. The tech even gave us a guess at the sex, but I'm not going to blab about it publicly yet. You know, just in case it ends up being the opposite. I wouldn't want he/she later reading this blog and being mortified that we thought he/she was a she/he. I'll confirm which it is at my 20 week ultrasound.
I do have to admit that this pregnancy is kicking my butt much harder than the last one. I've yet to determine if it's just a different pregnancy, or if it's because I'm older/in terrible shape. I had morning sickness for the whole first trimester. I still dry heave in the mornings. Unfortunately this has not stopped the cravings. I just feel sick after indulging. I'm also EXHAUSTED all. the. time. It is sucking the life out of me. I thought some exercise would help, so I've gotten back to running/walking. It does put me in a better mood, but makes me even more tired than I was.
I'm also showing a lot earlier this time. But I'm still in the fat sausage stage, not the cute belly stage. I'm sure people at work just think I've let myself go entirely.
But, enough with the negative. Peanut doesn't understand what's going on yet, but she will point to my belly when I ask "where's the baby?". I'm thrilled that we are able to give her a sibling close to her age. I know it will be hard with the jealousy at first, but the companionship they'll have later is worth it.
So that's the secret! I'll take votes for the new baby's nickname. Almond? Pistachio?
Hello world!
2 years ago

That's fantastic! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI am peeing myself with excitement! And also? With laughter. So glad you put up a new post! You cracker me up! Sausage stage. SNORT! Seriously, SOL. As for a nickname...you have to go with Boss. You HAVE too. It doesn't matter if it's a he/she, a she/he or a he-she, Boss Crawford is the best.
ReplyDelete"Thanks for the confidence in our ability to love our children." SOL again! Just so you know, I won't love Boss as much as Peanut...Okay, *fine*, I will. But I honestly don't know how that is possible. Can I lover her just a little bit more?
"The blessed event." Is that sarcasm I detect? You are my favorite. I love you and little Boss.
AGHHHHH!!! Congrats! I so had a feeling about this! So happy for the two of you! Ok now I have to go back and actually read your full post :)
ReplyDeleteHey Julie … It’s Amy Davis from Glen Springs Road … First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Girl, don’t worry about what other people say – remember it’s your family and it is what works BEST for you all!!!! Secondly I will say that you may find that these 2 children will get along GREAT!! I have a niece and nephew that are like 18 months apart and I tell you they are really the best of friends!! Sure there are times when they “fight” but that is normal in ANY relationship! Honestly they play so well together and look out for each other!! They are kind of like twins in that they are each other’s security!! I will pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Yay, sooo excited for you guys! I'm with Tab, I had a feeling about this too ; ) Congrats! Peanut is going to be a great big sister!!
ReplyDeleteHi Juli! Just catching up with your blog! I'm due Nov 8th, we find out this Friday boy or girl. So excited and can't wait!!! I agree, this pregnancy has kicked my butt completely, probably due to the fact that Kayden is a super active 2 year old. I figure as long as I can still keep up with her, I have everything under control. Glad to hear you guys are doing well! =)
ReplyDeletePLEASE DON'T NAME HIM GOOBER!
ReplyDeleteUNCLE JERRY