Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Little Peanut and Little Stinker,


Peanut, you are 3 YEARS and 1 MONTH OLD!  
-
I have found that the BEST thing to bribe you with is the promise of wearing new shoes.  We bought some gold jellies yesterday and you will do anything for the privilege of wearing them (they are pretty stinking cute).
-
You have just started sounding out words and telling me which letter they start with.
-
We went to Disney World for your birthday…just you, me and Daddy.  We had a FABULOUS time.  You met Ariel and Belle and got to ride on rides.  We only went for the day, but it was totally worth being exhausted to see your super enthusiasm over the most magical place on earth.  You asked if next time we could bring your brother and that just makes me smile J
-
You sang in big church at school last Sunday and it was so adorable.  You wore your red dress and stood on the front row and sang “Help One Another” with sign language and everything.  I was one proud Mama.

Stinker, you are 14 MONTHS OLD!!
-
You are still in size 4 diapers, moving into size 18-24 pants for the length, and 18-24 shirts are a tad baggy on you.  Your feet are growing, and I’m not sure what size you wear right now, but you are growing out of every pair of shoe we own.
-
I cut your hair and I did a terrible job, but it is slowly growing back.  I’m sorry.
-
You are a fantastic napper at school now, and I think it is because you thrive in routine.  You are a terrible napper at home but I think that’s because we always have something different going on.
-
You are learning animal noises but so far you will only say “moo”.  
-
You are learning sign language and love to sign “more”, “please”, and “all done”.  You use “all done” vehemently when I am changing your diaper.
-
You absolutely LOVE music and can’t stand still when you hear it.  You bee bop around when we have the radio turned up in the house and it is awesome to watch.
-
You finally got those two teeth in that you’ve been working on for so long.  Total count = 8.
-
You love playing in the back yard with your sister.  You can go down our little slide by yourself, although you need help climbing on to it.  You also can hold your own in the trampoline.
-
We dug up the garden last weekend to prepare to plant for the spring, and you were SUCH a boy.  Dirt was everywhere (and yes, you did taste it).
-
You still nurse in the morning and at night and I am hoping to keep it up at least through flu season.  It’s been going around the school and I’ll do pretty much anything to keep you and your sister healthy.
-
You are moving to the big kid class in a couple weeks.  This makes me happy for you because you will have so much fun with those big kids, but sad for me because your babyhood seems to just be slipping away.

I am one thrilled Mommy to have you two babies.  I love you with all of my heart and will always be here for both of you when you need me.  You are absolutely the BEST thing your Daddy and I have ever experienced.  Watching you grow will be a lifetime of entertainment and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment