Monday, November 16, 2009

I think we might be ready

For our peanut to make her arrival. No, I don't mean mentally/emotionally "ready", since I'm sure every experienced parent on the planet will tell us that you can never truly be "ready". But just in reference to the physical, I think our little girl has everything she could possibly need/want for her first several months of life. I'm amazed at how generous everyone has been to our family. We are so blessed!!

How far along?: 33 weeks
How big is baby?: 18 inches and over 4 pounds
Maternity clothes?: None of my shirts cover the bottom of my belly. It's a whole new feeling when you don't fit into MATERNITY shirts. Ug.
Stretch marks?: Don't know, don't care (for now).
Sleep?: Still terrible. But I do get better sleep when it's cold out and we have the window open. I think it's my body in survival mode. If I freeze it enough I'll just remain unconscious.
Best moment this week?: My fabulous baby shower!! It was so good to spend time with the fam and friends. The peanut got so many cute things!!! And I got to chow down on some of the best true down home southern cookin. It was a great day :-)
Movement?: Yes. And it's starting to get a bit painful. It's almost always just stretching, and unfortunately I feel like I have no more room to give her. It will be a LONG seven weeks if she's going to DOUBLE in size.
Food cravings?: Nothing specific lately. But my appetite has increased a bit.
Labor signs?: Same old Braxton-Hicks.
Belly Button?: Flat. And odd looking.
What I miss: Eating raw cookie dough. My thighs NOT rubbing together. Good hugs (it's really hard to give a good hug when there's a baby in the way).
What I'm looking forward to: Hopefully we'll get to tour the hospital on Saturday. And we only have a few things left to get for the nursery, so I'm going to do my best to get it done this week. Milestone: Had my 32 week appointment. Everything looks good. Baby girl is growing right on track and has a very strong heartbeat. Still head down, and the doctor said it felt like she was pretty stuck that way. Woohoo!!! 6 more Mondays (not counting today), 29 work days left, 4 weeks until full term.

Here's some shower pictures:



The most precious cake ever. Our little peanut next to Stella. And it was delicious too!


All of baby girl's gifts. And my pregnant face.


Official Week 33 pic:

1 comment:

  1. Your pregnant face is BEAUTIFUL!! :) Your baby will be here so soon. So exciting! Love the dress. Must borrow ;)

    ReplyDelete