Monday, December 14, 2009

The baby is baked

and now she just needs to decide to grace us with her presence. I'm ready to try every old wive's tale out there to naturally induce labor. On my list: spicy food, eggplant parm, red raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, walking, bouncing on the ball, pineapple, labor cookies, and acupressure (which I won't try until I'm overdue, I promise). Any other suggestions???

How far along?: 37 weeks
How big is baby?: 21 inches and 6.5 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Can't wait to get rid of those awful fat clothes.
Stretch marks?: Up to three now. All on the boobs. So sad.
Sleep?: Terrible. Now it's not just having to pee and hip pain that wakes me. I have awful lower back aches that are constant and will not let me rest.
Best moment this week?: Had a great Dr. appointment on Tuesday. Heartbeat was good, the peanut is measuring right on track, and I only gained 2 pounds!! Woo hoo!
Movement?: Constant, but now they kinda break my heart. It's as if she is as uncomfortable as I am, and is just trying to find a way out. Or more room. Unfortunately she thinks she can make her exit by pushing her pointy baby feet into my right ribcage. Sorry baby girl, that's not going to do it!
Food cravings?: Coconut gelato
Labor signs?: Lots of Braxton-Hicks and tons of pelvic pressure. I don't think she's dropped completely, but I definitely feel a difference in my bladder and hips. Hoping for some more signs this week!!!!
Belly Button?: Out and gross looking. I really hope it goes back to normal.
What I miss: Good moods. I'm a cranky lady these days. Poor P.
What I'm looking forward to: Another appointment this week. Also, I'm expecting the last finishing touches for the nursery to arrive this week. Pictures to come as soon as our camera is back from the repair shop. And of course, I'm looking forward to ANY sign of impending labor. ANYTHING.
Milestone: Full term!! No more feeling guilty wanting this peanut OUT! Any day now sweetheart. If you come soon, mommy will buy you a pretty Christmas dress :-) Only 2 more Mondays and 11 work days. Unless I go overdue. But I can't even think about that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment