Monday, December 21, 2009

Striving for Nostalgia

As I sit here at work (yes I'm blogging at work, but really who is productive the week of Christmas??), I'm trying to muster up some pleasant pregnant memories to get me through the next two weeks. It seems as if everyone KNOWS that I will miss being pregnant the minute my baby is in my arms, so I should really appreciate every excruciating moment. I've failed miserably. All I can see is the stark contrast between me at work (huge, uncomfortable, the target of every rude comment imaginable) and me at home with my brand new baby (just let me believe it will be the blissful snuggly family scene only seen in movies and not what reality will bring, which is screaming peanut at all times of the night and me unshowered with zero sleep). Yes, this attitude will make it a difficult two weeks (or, gasp, three or four), but I'm pregnant, irritated and in pain, so....neener neener neener. I don't care.

How far along?: 38 weeks
How big is baby?: 21 inches and 6.8 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Officially in the box, but the lid is still off so I can rummage through it when I want to wear something other than Ps tshirts.
Stretch marks?: More on the boobs. My little badges of motherhood.
Sleep?: What is sleep??
Best moment this week?: Another good Dr. appointment. Strong heartbeat, and she's measuring right on track. The midwife says she will be "average" size. I'm ok with that. She's locked and loaded, and I think I may have even dropped.
Movement?: Much less. I'm wondering if that is due to her sitting low in my pelvis. I can't imagine that's comfortable. But she still sticks her butt out a lot and pokes her knee/foot in my ribs, so all is a-ok.
Food cravings?: Milk. I could drink a gallon this minute.
Labor signs?: Tons of Braxton-Hicks and pubic bone pain like you wouldn't believe. And a dream that I lost my mucous plug. Yes, that was the first mention of a mucous plug (isn't pregnancy beautiful??). Hopefully my dream will become reality.
Belly Button?: Out and nasty.
What I miss: NOT having to pee. I feel like I'm going to pee my pants ALL THE TIME. And then, if I get to the bathroom, nada.
What I'm looking forward to: Hmmm. Well I'm really looking forward to having a baby. But, at the risk of being too optimistic, I'll keep it to something that is guaranteed. I'm looking forward to a very relaxed Christmas. Me, P, Mom, Dad and Stella hanging out in our tiny apartment. Milestone: 38 weeks. That's enough of a milestone for me. ONE more Monday, 6 more work days.

Sorry for the lack of "official" pregnant belly pics, but our camera is still at the shop. I really hope it is fixed before the peanut arrives b/c if not, her first moments will be recorded by a cell phone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment