Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hi! I'm 4 Weeks Old Today!


Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this little peanut? She is already so charming and sassy I can't believe it's just the beginning of her personality. The bellybutton finally fell off at the beginning of the week, although I don't know exactly when it happened. This is how it went -
Me: What is that on the floor??
P: I don't know...
Me: Aaah! It's her bellybutton!!
P: Really? I thought it was a cockroach in the middle of the night and thought I kicked it under the crib.
Me: ::blankstare:: Seriously?
So now I'll be forever scared to sleep/sit on any piece of furniture in the house for fear of dead bugs rotting beneath me. I have since informed P of his husbandly duty to DISPOSE of any insect inside the house.

Since we are sans yucky bellybutton we have had several real baths this week and she thinks they are fabulous. I'm pretty sure it's because she thinks being naked is awesome (like father like daughter).

The rash is slowly getting better, thank goodness. She took her first bottle from the Nana this week while Mommy went out for a nice dinner with the girls. Apparently she is an equal opportunity eater and does not favor the boob. Which makes me a bit insecure...is that weird? We're still trying to get the hang of the eat, play, sleep routine. Naps are the hardest, especially in the afternoon. But every day I figure out something else that works for us and it takes less time to get her down. We've given up the swaddle completely this week. It wakes her up and makes her mad b/c she likes to sleep with her arms above her head.

I bought a scale this week. Time to get serious about the weight loss. I haven't talked much about it since it's a HUGE deal to me, but I have a LOT to lose. Weight is my "thing". You know the one "thing" that you wrongfully derive your sense of self-worth from? Mine is the numbers on the scale. So you can imagine what post pregnancy has been like for me, especially since I've gained TWICE the recommended amount. But, I'm putting my big girl panties on and I'm just going to work hard at getting healthy and even harder at NOT being obsessed with my weight. Step one - I'm reading So Long Insecurity (love love love Beth Moore - check out the LPM blog in my blog list). Step two - start training for the 10K I want to run in April. On Monday. I'll let you know how that goes next week b/c the thought of running right now makes my body want to cry.

And just a demonstration...
her heart really does belong to Daddy. But Mommy has the food, so I win!

Ok, on to snuggle the peanut who is ready for her nap -

2 comments:

  1. She is SO CUTE! I love her little shirt!

    Tristan LOVES bath time - he's 9.5 months and still loves it :) I do think it's a naked thing.. he loves being "free" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!! She is so stinkin' cute!! I can't wait to see her! By the way, I love your blogs. Can you come write mine for me? Anyway, I opened mine back up so you can add it on if you would like without having to fool with signing in...its noahandcarter.blogspot.com. Miss you guys and am so so so anxious to get ahold of her! Maybe the first weekend in March?

    ReplyDelete