Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I can't believe it's already the end of October. That means I have about two months left!! On one hand I'm so excited she's almost here because I can't wait to meet her. On the other hand...the nursery isn't done, we haven't been to all of our birth classes, and I'm terrified I won't have enough clothes for her when she gets here (very very unlikely). Some updates from the week-

How far along?: 30 weeks
How big is baby?: 17 inches and 3 pounds
Maternity clothes?: The weather decided to turn warm again, so I'm surviving on VERY tight summer clothes. Hopefully people understand when I walk into a meeting in jeans, a tank top, and sandals. I'm big, I'm hot, and nothing fits me. Leave me alone.
Stretch marks?: I just don't look in the mirror anymore. It's out of my control now, so why torture myself?
Sleep?: Awful every night. Well, it could be worse. I'm in bed usually for a full 8 hours. I'm just not sleeping. I wonder how many calories constant tossing and turning burns?
Best moment this week?: P has started doing kick counts with me every day when I get home from work. I LOVE being able to take the time and pay attention to how much she's moving (especially if the activity is induced by Pepsi...wow). I'm pretty sure P likes it b/c there's an app for kick counts he downloaded on the ipod. Whatever gets him motivated :-)
Movement?: Yup, still a very active little girl. She's into stretching now more than kicking. Sometimes it feels like she's going to stretch straight through my belly button. I think she's running out of room already!
Food cravings?: Nothing in particular this week. Although P and I did have an impromptu date at Cheesecake Factory on Thursday and he let me get the Godiva brownie sundae. Heavenly.
Labor signs?:Braxton-Hicks especially when I'm out walking. And the pelvic pain, which in turn causes the waddle.
Belly Button?: Weird looking. And definitely visible through all of my shirts. And I'm out of band-aids.
What I miss: Running. I'm jealous of every runner that passes me while I'm trucking my enormous frame down the road at 1.5 miles an hour. And, along those same lines, fitting into running clothes. I'm pretty sure every person that lives on our road has seen bare belly hanging out of my shirts while I'm out.
What I'm looking forward to: I meet with my new doctor!! Hopefully it is a fantastic experience. And we're going to try to do the hospital tour again this week (they cancelled last week).
Milestone: I'm in the 30's! Ten more weeks left (more or less). I really feel like we're in the home stretch.



Week 30 pic to come...I haven't taken it yet.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry! Everything will fall into place. Just enjoy this special time.
    Love you,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete