I know I may be biased, but I think my baby shower was the best baby shower ever. It was SO good to see everyone! And baby girl got everything she could possibly need or want! I am so blessed!! The place was gorgeous, the food was fantastic (you can NEVER go wrong with Mexican), the decorations were perfect (especially the personalized M&Ms), and it was pretty much the best day ever.
I've already put the bedding in the crib (thanks Nana!!!) and it makes it all seem so real now. I'll have a baby sleeping in that bed soon. And I'm going to be responsible for her!! At least I have three more months to get used to the idea.
Some stats from the past week:
How far along?: 27 Weeks 1 day
How big is baby?: About 2 pounds 3 oz, and 15 inches long.
Maternity clothes?: Yup. My belly is slowly peeking out the bottom of the maternity shirts. I've decided not to care.
Stretch marks?: Old ones are getting longer, but no new ones yet.
Sleep?: Getting worse. I sleep for a solid 3 or 4 hours, then the rest of the night is tossing and turning. At least I don't usually have to get up to pee more than once a night.
Best moment this week?: Definitely my shower on Saturday. I hope my little girl finds friends as amazing as mine some day.
Movement?: Still really active. She decided that Saturday night was not for sleeping but for having a dance party. All night. I'm hoping it was just from the shower excitement (and the chocolate cake) and won't become a habit.
Food cravings?: None this week. Except for that shower cake. I could eat a hundred pieces and never feel guilty.
Labor signs?: Some Braxton-Hicks. My belly gets hard and my face gets flushed for a minute. They don't hurt, but sometimes I have to stand up and move around to catch my breath.
Belly button in or out?: In when I stand normal, flat when I stretch up.
What I miss: Wearing button down shirts. I tried on one of my old ones this morning for work. It did NOT look appropriate. And heels. I'm tired of wearing flats all the time, especially on date night!
What I'm looking forward to: My gestational diabetes test and Rhogam shot is on Friday. Everyone cross their fingers that I don't pass out from giving blood, the shot doesn't hurt, and that I pass the test with flying colors! OH and our first birthing class is tonight!! I'm hoping we will be stellar students :-)
Milestone: Setting up the nursery and putting clothes in her closet. Oh, and I got the forms to fill out for her birth certificate. Wow, we're really having a baby.
Hello world!
2 years ago

such a fun time!! Love reading these posts. Cant wait to hear how P does at your classes. How about a baby room post now that you have the bedding? :)Tab
ReplyDelete